This book address the issues of increased one-parent families, high divorce rates, second marriages and homosexual partnerships all in relationship to the variations in the traditional family structure. The book examines how the function of the family has changes and the extent these changes have occurred throughout the world.
Table of Contents:
1. Families and family change
2. Cross-cultural theory and methodology
3. Theoretical perspectives on family change
4. Family portraits from 30 countries: an overview
6. Methodology of the study
7. Results: cross-cultural analyses of the family