The IACCP list is designed to improve communication among IACCP members. It has three main functions:
(1) sending timely information and reminders to members about IACCP events;
(2) distributing information of interest to members, such as job announcements; and
(3) discussions among members.
Only IACCP members may join the list. An IACCP member is defined in the constitution as (a) someone who has paid his or her dues for the current calendar year, and (b) someone who has paid dues within the last two years ("probationary member"). Both paid and probationary members may join the list. Only paid members receive JCCP.
Relevance to the list
Postings to the list should have some relationship to cross-cultural psychology, cultural psychology, indigenous psychology, or collatoral fields such as anthropology or sociology.
The IACCP is highly international, as its name suggests and is known for its cultural sensitivity, politeness, and civility Please try to maintain this tradition on the list. Please remember that the national diversity of the membership is reflected in many other diversities: political/religious beliefs and values; attitudes toward appropriate social interaction; familiarity with computer technologies; availability of resources, and more.
Public versus Private email
Many replies to the list should in fact be sent privately to the sender. The fundamental questions are, "who do I wan to see this message?" and "Is this something that everyone on the list needs to see?"
Using the REPLY button. Every email program has a REPLY button that automatically creates a new message directed back at the sender of the posting to which you are responding. The IACCP list has been set to place the address of the sender in the TO field.
- If you want to reply specifically to the person who has posted a message, use the REPLY button.
- If you want to post your reply to the entire list (and you are sure this is appropriate), you can (1) use REPLY then change the TO from the sender to the list address; or (2) create a new message, and type the list address in the TO field.
Please do not send attachments of any kind to the list address. Many members do not have sufficient resources to process attachments for which they have no need or interest, and attachments are notorious for communicating viruses. Send attachments to individuals only. If you need to make a large document available o the Association as a whole, consider having it placed on the IACCP web site or published in the Bulletin.
The list is not an appropriate place to post commercial messages. However, job notices, short notices that your book has been published, conference announcements, and the availability of new graduate programs in the field are appropriate.
Language of Discourse
In line with the traditions of IACCP, the list shall be conducted in English. English is the only common language the Association can practically use for communication at this time. Posting in languages other than English may be made, but interaction following the initial posting should be in English. Whither, Esperanto?
Removal from the list
The List Administrator, acting on behalf of the IACCP Executive Committee, reserves the right to remove members from the list who consistently violate its Usage Guidelines.
The best way to change your settings is on the list web site. Go to this web address:https://iaccp.groups.io/g/main/ and login to your account.
Click on the "Subscription" link on the left.
- Individual Messages Receive each message in an individual email.
- Full Featured Digest Receive up to 12 messages grouped together in one email instead of receiving each message individually (rich text formatting).
- Plain Digest Receive up to 12 messages grouped together in one email instead of receiving each message individually (plain text formatting).
- Daily Summary Receive one email every morning that contains only a list of the topics posted to the group the previous day.
- Special Notices Only Receive only special notices sent by the moderators. (Go to the group’s website to view other messages.)
- No Email Receive no group messages by email but remain subscribed so you can view content on the group’s website.
1. You can REPLY to an incoming message. Sometimes this is not appropriate.
2. You can send email to the list address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. You can send and view messages on the list web site.
Go to this web address: https://iaccp.groups.io/g/main and log in.
Click on Messages
Select a Message and hit reply
You can leave the list in three ways.
1. Use the list's web page.
Go to this web address: https://iaccp.groups.io/g/main
Click on the "Account" link on the upper right corner under your email address.
Click "Delete Account"
2. Send a special email message to
the list server.
Send the message unsubscribe iaccp to this address:email@example.com
3. Ask the list administrator to remove you from the list.
Your password was sent to you in the first message you received when the list was created, or you subscribed to the list. It cannot be given on this web page. If you cannot locate your password, go to Log In (groups.io) request a link to log in.
The list thinks you are not a member
If you are having problems posting to the list, for example your post bounces back with a "you are not a member..." message, your email address on the list server needs to be modified. Contact a list administrator.
Please try to use the list server commands and procedures described in this document. If you cannot get something to work, then please feel free to contact a list administrator.
Please note that there are two kinds of addresses used by this and other list servers: the list address and the list server address. These two are easily and frequently confused.
- The list address is the email address used to post messages to the list. For this list, it is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The list server address is the email address to which special email commands are sent using a strict syntax, such as subscribing and leaving. This address is email@example.com. Because the latter address does not specify the list name, these messages always include the list name in them (see examples above).